Welcome to The BRIDGE, the social and information hub of the dental lab industry. Connect with industry peers and vendors, ask questions, sign up for events, review products, read LMT articles and industry news and more!
May 10, 2013 8:00 am to 11:00 am
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World · Orlando, FL
THIS CLINIC IS OFFERED AT THE FLDA SOUTHERN STATES SYMPOSIUM & EXPO
The clinical and laboratory environments are changing, and require a collaborative approach to deliver high quality results. Proper treatment planning, which includes the laboratory technologist, is necessary to see if the desired results can be achieved. Many clinicians and labs need more information and a reality check on the limitation of restorative materials. Material knowledge will allow the clinician and technologist to select the best restorative material needed to effectively restore the needs of the patient.
This lecture will guide the audience on the team approach used to restore the aesthetically compromised patient, for instance a veneer next to an implant crown. Communication using digital media will be shown including photography and the interpretation by the dental technician on how to "read" the photo and convert that critical information to a restoration.
Topics Covered Include:
- Step by step procedures for digital impressions, digital lab technology, tissue management, and restoration fabrication through final cementation. Guided Surgery, Tissue management including custom healing abutments and temporization are an essential part of the final "success" of the restoration.
- Translucency, Delta E separation, contrast parameters and microstructure of ceramic materials.
- Clinical cases will be shown to demonstrate these material choices and the final results.
- Approved for 3 CE credits
- Visit http://www.fdla.net/conference.htm
For more information: Click here to download the flyer: http://www.straumann.us/content/dam/internet/straumann_us/Resources/enews/2013_04/FDLA_Flyer.pdf
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World
View on Google
Felix Pages, CDT, opened a lab in southern Florida specializing in cosmetic dentistry after graduating from the University of Kentucky in 1976 with an Associate of Arts Degree in Applied Science. He has...See more studied with some of the premiere technicians in the world, such as Claude Sieber, Willi Geller and Mokoto Yamamoto.
Dentistry receives very little government or other external support; dental insurance is woefully underfunded, and patients see dental care as expensive.
LMT Original Research © 2010 - 2013